Saturday, August 11, 2012

Steven Charny for Rolling Stone!

This is the great "Steven Charny" head art director for Rolling Stone. Sadly, he's leaving Rolling Stone and off to new adventures elsewhere. I say sadly because he was such a great art director to work for. Rolling Stone was my dream job ever since I was 15 and thanks to Steven I've done 5 paintings for RS not including this one of Steven. While working on my last painting for RS, was was asked secretly if I would paint Steven as a gift for his going away party! I of course was seriously honored and got right on it. I was asked to paint him in the same way I would paint an artist for Rolling Stone's Music Reviews section. Another fun piece to work on.
Here's Steven posed with his three gifts. My painting, a mock parody cover with Janet Jackson and then an awesome parody cover by the Great Victor Juhasz!
Detail.
Detail.
Detail.
References I took of myself to help with pose and lighting . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam Temple said...

Wow, that's georgous...this one looks traditional. Is it? I'd love to know what you do to your digital ones for that paiterly touch.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous cara alami menyembuhkan mata katarak said...

for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks

cara cepat menghilangkan alergi kulit

3:55 AM  
Anonymous obat penggugur said...

thank you very much for the information provided

6:03 PM  
Anonymous cytotec said...

Jual Obat Aborsi Murah Jakarta
cara menggugurkan kandungan dengan obat gastrul, cytotec, misoprostol. cara menggugurkan hamil usia 1 minggu sampai 3 atau 6 bulan. cek sendiri testimoni, cara orderharga.

obat aborsi aman terpercaya

obat aborsi jakarta

obat aborsi murah

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners